Remembering My Son on Mother's Day
Remembering You on Mother’s Day
by Jana Spigener
No little hugs or kisses to wake me on this morn.
No special cards or roses sent my way.
Bittersweet feelings, at least a thousand tears;
Quietly, I celebrated you this day.
I am not like the others,
Though I still wear the name.
I cannot hold you in my arms,
But I love you just the same.
I knelt beside your resting place,
Though I knew you were not there.
I prayed to God in Heaven;
I found peace in knowing, sweet child,
you’re in His care.
When I see a mother with her baby,
My heart breaks in two;
But never would I trade this pain
If it meant there had not been you.
At times I feel I cannot go on—
Living this life without you.
Yet hidden behind my deepest grief
There is joy unexplainably true.
For my daughter you will always be
a blessing from above.
Your brief existence has bestowed on me
a name I cherish dear.
And although this day is not what I imagined it would be,
I will treasure it because of you—
MY FIRST MOTHER’S DAY.
I love this poem and appreciate the writer for having the talent to put what I am often feeling into an eloquent poem.
Isaac, My sweet Son, I'm praising God for you and thanking God for the joy and purpose you have brought me.
Posted in: on Saturday, May 8, 2010 at at 8:47 PM
Wow. Beautiful.
Love you Aubrey. Thanks for sharing that.