What's Next?
Alfonso and I have been praying and asking God for direction as we make decisions about what to do next in our quest to grow our family. At this point, our options are to try IVF again or pursue adoption. We don't feel that God is closing the door on either one of those options, however, we feel that God is asking us to be patient and to not pursue anything at this time. Our next step in this crazy journey is to be patient and wait.
So, what now?
Well, I started a new job. As many of you know, I was able to take the fall off from teaching. Although the events of the fall did not turn out how I wanted them to, the break from work was a much needed time to rest, heal and just enjoy life. But as we made the decision to wait on pursuing anything fertility/adoption related, I began to get restless. Anyways, God totally dropped this job into my lap one Monday morning. A principal that I had worked with a few years ago called me out of the blue and offered me a job that she had created with me in mind. I am working at a middle school in Austin as a reading intervention teacher. Some of the perks of my new job: I only work 30 hours a week (Yipee!), I don't have a whole classroom, I get to teach what I love without the stress of the classroom, I can leave my work at work, and my principal and I have a great professional relationship. She has been a wonderful professional mentor for me and I love working for/with her! Is that not God totally orchestrating all of this goodness?
Posted in: on Thursday, February 17, 2011 at at 6:48 PM
Hey Aubrey...how awesome is that? I´m so glad that the Lord brought this special gift to you. How´s Alfonso? Any visits to Spain on the agenda in the next year or two? Miss you so much! love, j
Hello Alfonso and Aubrey...I don´t know if you know my Spanish friend Silvia from Granada. She was one of my first intercambios in Granada. She got married last summer and they got pregnant not too long ago. I read today that they lost their baby and it brought back so many memories of you too! I shared your blog with her. I will also pass you the link to hers. Thinking and praying for you guys today!
love, Jill
http://silviafrus.blogspot.com/2011/04/quien-vino-y-se-fue.html#comments